Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 17th Day 12


This is were we have been camping the last 2 nights, 1 more night

This is the Nenana River we will be rafting today







This is the group before us getting there safety instructions.


This is our route
We had a casual morning, slightly cloudy and breezy.  Today was our WHITE WATER RAFTING TRIP down the Nenana River.  It was a 4 1/2 hour trip with class 2,3,4 and 1 class 5 rapids. It was a hang on while you get totally soaked wild ride through rapids like "Cable Car", "Coffee Grinder" and "Ice Worm."  For me it was a total thrill seeker, as I tried not to clench my teeth to much and prayed not to fall in.  Buddy was having a great time, just watching me.  As we make  it almost to the end and I'm thinking wow I didn't fall in (so proud of myself), then our guide stops and says "Time to take a dip"....Oh shit!  We all had to jump in (and I wasn't going to be the only whimp on board) and swim for a few mintues.  Remember the water is 36 degrees today.  But we all did it and thank God for wonderful Gortex wet suits.  Tomorrow we are head down to Anchorage and then into Homer, AK.  Nite all...;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment